The task (which we will discuss in class on W 5/27):
- Write a short and concise comparative analysis of the theme of isolation in Gravity and 2001.
- Base your analysis on a critical examination of the use mis-en-scène. I have provided a set of images as references. Feel free to select or reference images of your own choosing.
- I will look first at the precision and formality of your language. Be as specific and as technical as possible.
- I will also be look at how clearly you explain your interpretation in visual terms. Being articulate is more important than being "right."
- I will also be looking at how carefully your analysis is composed and edited and that you have addressed each of the required prompt.
- I think that one to three single-spaced pages is a reasonably guideline for length.
- You should submit your assignment via Moodle by M 6/1 at 5:00 pm. Additional details on Moodle.
- This assignment is worth five (5) points.
From Gravity at 72:20:
From 2001 at 77:02: